As the weather gets warmer, it’s a good time to re-evaluate your skincare routine and possibly switch up some of your heavier winter products for some lighter products that will see you through the spring and summer months. With the warmer months approaching it should come as no surprise that the weather can have a huge impact on our skin. Our skin has to deal with hotter temperatures, humidity and increased sun exposure, which can lead to pigmentation, clogged pores and dehydration. As we hit the warmer months SPF is critical!
1. CLEANSING - If you have been using a heavier oil cleanser during the winter months, you may want to try a lighter cleanser that does not dry out your skin, and save your oil cleanse for night when needed. Personally I still love my oil cleansers year round but my skin is on the drier side. The Forest Rhapsody Dew Drops Cleanser is a beautiful gel cleanser, perfect for warmer months. I also love the Mara Algae Enzyme Cleansing oil, which is still oil, but lovely and light and can be rinsed off with water, both perfect to keep in the shower.
2. MISTS - great for plumping the skin and an added boost of hydration. Probably one of my favourite skincare products. Face mists are a beautiful way to put that lost hydration back into the skin during the warmer months. Typically used after cleansing, before your serum, a hydrating facial mist should be an essential part of your daily skincare ritual. Two of my favourites below.
3. VITAMIN C - great for use during the day for brightening and repair - improving fine lines, pigmentation etc. If you need some added moisture, you can layer a moisturiser or beauty oil over the top of this for day, but sometime this might be enough.
4. MOISTURISERS - If you like some added moisture over your serums or your skin is on the dry side - I love the Purearth Rose and Seabuck face cream for day, its lovely and light but nourishing and perfect layered over a serum. The Barrier Warrior from Forest Rhapsody is a lovely lightweight moisturiser. A light beauty oil is a great alternative to cream moisturisers for day. The Mara Universal Face oil, the Le Prunier Plum Beauty Oil are perfect for use on their own during the day.
5. NIGHT SERUMS- There are so many great serums depending on your skin type and what you want to focus on, but at night during the warmer months just a serum on its own, like the Wildcrafted Organics Bakuchiol, the Le Prunier Plum Beauty Oil, the Mara Algae Retinol Oil are a few of my favourites.
6. EYE BALM - an absolute essential year round, the Cecilia Holistic Beauty Golden Glow baume Yeux is amazing. Really hydrating and brightening, could not live without this! The Purearth Camomila eye serum is a beautiful slightly lighter alternative.
7. BEAUTY TOOLS - I love beauty tools for the lymphatic drainage and lifting. These are great to use over your serums as they need a bit of slip. I love the Rose Quartz Gua Sha but my current favourite is the Imbibe Gold sculpting tool. So good! Great if you wake up a bit puffy in the mornings.
8. SPF: We know that over exposure to those harsh UV rays contributes to pigmentation, wrinkles, and sagging skin. Using an SPF daily is essential in preventing unwanted skin concerns. Sunscreen should be one of the most important steps in your regime. For a hybrid serum/sunscreen try the Mara Algae & Zinc Sea Kale Sunscreen serum with an SPF of 30, perfect for everyday use. Or the Avocado Zinc, a heavier sunscreen with an SPF of 50.